Lata Mangeshkar: Mumbai is great city because of Balasaheb
and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj)
2012-11-19 07:19:47 UTC
Lata Mangeshkar: Mumbai is great city because of Balasaheb

By Subhash K. Jha
Rediff
Monday, November 19, 2012

Patna - Veteran singer Lata Mangeshkar [ Images ] was a
close friend of Bal Thackeray [ Images ], and has known
the family for more than 25 years. She was profoundly
saddend by the Shiv Sena [ Images ] supremo's demise on
November 17.

Lataji looks back at her long association with Balasaheb,
and the person he was outside the ambit of politics.

Balasaheb Thackeray the to Maharashtra [ Images ] tha.
Woh nahin, to kuch nahin hai (Maharashtra existed because
of Balasaheb Thackeray. It will cease to exist now that
he's no more).

What he has done for Maharashtra is unparalleled.

Look at the kind of turnout his illness brought at his
home Matoshree. He had a knack for forging enduring
relations with people. It's indeed a very rare gift. And
his gift of oration! Bahut kamaal ke insaan the (He was a
great human being).

When I heard he was unwell, I went to meet him on
November 4. He had asked me over the phone to meet him.
When I visited Matoshree, he said, 'Arey zindagi bhar
main alag-alag shehron mein ghumta raha hoon, logon se
milta raha?ab mujhe bistar mein pada achcha nahin lag
raha (I've travelled to different places and met many
people all through my life. I don't like to be bed-
ridden).'

I told him to eat something with the familiarity and
affection that one exercises only with those very close.
He had some soup when I insisted. Before I left, he
showered me with blessings.

Raj (Thackeray) and his wife, Uddhavji and his son Aditya
are all close to me. Aditya writes good poetry in
English. He has published a book of poems and also cut a
music album.

Thackeray's nephew (Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief) Raj
sings and also plays the violin. His father was a music
director. Mohammed Rafi [ Images ] had sung a Marathi
song for Raj's father. It was a big success.

He knew I am apolitical. He never discussed politics with
me. He could've asked me to join the Shiv Sena and I
wouldn't have refused. But he knew I am not comfortable
with politics so he graciously kept me out of it. Perhaps
being an artiste himself, he understood the sensitivities
of another artiste. Our conversations were always about
the world in general.

The most memorable meeting with him took place a few
years ago, when he called me up and asked me to check out
the auditorium that the Shiv Sena had built in my father
Hridaynath Mangeshkar's memory.

He said, 'Tere pitaji ke naam se maine hall banaya hai.
Tum aao aur bataao kaisa lagaa (I have built a hall in
your father's name. Come see it and tell me if you like
it)' .

The auditorium, named the Pandit Dinanath Mangeshkar
hall, is in Khar (in suburban Mumbai [ Images ]). I had
gifted Balasaheb a painting done by my father. That is
now hanging in the front foyer of the auditorium. When I
saw it there, I was deeply moved.

Balasaheb had a long way to go. He had just published a
new Marathi book, which is selling exceedingly well. He
had a very sharp mind and a terrific sense of humour.

He could converse on any topic under the sun. During my
most recent visit to Matoshree, he had ordered me to
visit him everyday. I wasn't able to fulfil his wish. I
wanted to meet him when the crowds in front of his house
thinned.

In the picture: Lata Mangeshkar and Bal Thackeray in
April 2012. Photograph: Sahil Salvi.

Subhash K Jha in Patna

More at:

http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/lata-mangeshkar-mumbai-is-great-city-because-of-balasaheb/20121119.htm

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

o o o

About the terrorist Goon Squad:

"Myself, Mallu. Yourself?" (V. Bhattathiri)
<***@gmail.com> tries his best to be a bully --
telling others what and when to post, where to post and
where not to post, deliberately publishing lies about
others, stalking and abusing them with hate speech -- but
fails miserably. He is really stressed out, and like his
lap dog Prem Thomas (who currently posts as "P. Rajah"
<***@this.com>, and issues *death threats* to people),
is priming himself for conditions such as stroke and
heart disease. Others in the Goon Squad include
Dayashankar M. Joshi "DMJoshi" <***@gmail.com> who
displays unquestioning obedience to Goon Squad thugs, and
the instigator who posts as "Bholu" <***@hotmail.com>

The Goon Squad currently posts most of their abuse
through eternal-september.org and by writing someone
else's name or handle in the "From:" header -- their
favorite now is "***@gmail.com" (note the extra "b"
and "gmail.com") to make it appear as if the posts are
from "***@aol.com", who has been a regular poster for
many years. -Updated on February 2, 2012-

o o o

o Not for commercial use. Solely to be fairly used
for the educational purposes of research and open
discussion. The contents of this post may not have been
authored by, and do not necessarily represent the opinion
of the poster. The contents are protected by copyright
law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

o If you send private e-mail to me, it will likely
not be read, considered or answered if it does not
contain your full legal name, current e-mail and postal
addresses, and live-voice telephone number.

o Posted for information and discussion. Views
expressed by others are not necessarily those of the
poster who may or may not have read the article.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This article may contain copyrighted
material the use of which may or may not have been
specifically authorized by the copyright owner. This
material is being made available in efforts to advance
the understanding of environmental, political, human
rights, economic, democratic, scientific, social, and
cultural, etc., issues. It is believed that this
constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material
as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the
material on this site is distributed without profit to
the included information for research, comment,
discussion and educational purposes by subscribing to
USENET newsgroups or visiting web sites. For more
information go to:

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this article
for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you
must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed by forgery by one
or more net terrorists, this post may be reposted several
times.
and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj)
2012-11-19 07:49:55 UTC
Monday, November 19, 2012
information go to:http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this article
for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you
must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Since newsgroup posts are being removed by forgery by one
or more net terrorists, this post may be reposted several
times.
What happened to the goon squad?
Cheers,
Arindam Banerjee
You tell me, what did you do to the goons?

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti
Arindam Banerjee
Monday, November 19, 2012
[...]
I wrote a book, and the leader of the goons bought two copies of that,
promising to write a nasty review. No news since!
Om Shanti
and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj)
Monday, November 19, 2012
[...]
Are you sure that the goon purchased your book?

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti
Arindam Banerjee
Monday, November 19, 2012
[...]
I believe the mallu did do so, accounting for my 40& of my online
sales, thus. Great!
Cheers,
Arindam Banerjee
Om Shanti
and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj)
Monday, November 19, 2012
[...]
t-c.=3D
[...]
of that, promising to write a nasty review. =A0No news since!
Are you sure that the goon purchased your book?
Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti
I believe the mallu did do so, accounting for my 40& of
my online sales, thus. Great!
Cheers,
Arindam Banerjee
That is interesting because Amazon has not identified
buyers to sellers in the past.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti
Arindam Banerjee
Monday, November 19, 2012
[...]
Amazon won't do that, but the very few numbers (5) are there and the
other 3 buyers have contacted me. So his story checks out.